Today was D day! The day that our time at the pub was up. We
had both been fired earlier that week and they gave us a week to sort ourselves
out and find somewhere else to live and work. We had been fired because the daughter
of the owners wanted her job back and they could not afford to keep us and
employ the daughter as well. The
daughter didn’t want to grow up and get a proper job for what she spent the
last 3-4 years at uni to get. So it was time to travel.
Within a few hours of the news we had sorted out what we
were going to do up until Boxing Day. We were quick to work that bit out but
very slow at packing up our lives into back packs. I had way too much stuff to
take it all. I had accumulated lots of extra clothes that I didn’t really need
so they went to the op shop. Some things went into storage in London and the
rest just went in the bin. Once I had organised that I still have way too much
stuff. I’ll have to do another cull when we get on the plane later this week. We
are only allowed 15kg cargo and I’m sure I have over 20kg lol.
It took us awhile to get out of the pub today. We just
fiddled and were slow to get moving. There were last minute things down the
high street, washing and saying goodbye to a few people. I had a plan of being
at the hostel in London about 1ish to check in, settle in and explore the area (in
light) but that didn’t happen. We only left the pub closer to 2pm and didn’t
check in till after 3pm. By the time we sorted ourselves out it was starting to
get dark so only had a small wonder. I was also not feeling up too much because
I have this stupid head cold and chesty cough that I developed last night. What
a time to be homeless and sick.
Our wonder revealed some interesting things. The high street
is very long; there is a version of a supermarket about 500m or so. It is also near the
Chelsea soccer club’s home field so all the pubs had signs up saying you need
to be a Chelsea fan with a ticket to drink at the pub. There were bouncers outside
these pubs at 4.30pm on a Monday afternoon. I think it was going to be a rough
night for some of these pubs. It was the first time we had seen this in our
time in England. The pub we worked at allowed both sides in for big match days.
We never seemed to have any trouble. Most of the time they were locals so, no problem.
After our wonder we came back to the hostel to have a sit
and a light snack. We decided to wonder back down the high street and find some
Thai for dinner. We first stopped off at a pub because it started to rain. It was
turning out to be a wet, windy and very cold night. This morning looked so clam
and blue. After we realised it wasn’t really going to stop raining because this
is London we head out to find that Thai. A big game of soccer just started and
the pub was full and noisy so it was also a sign to find dinner. Lucky the Thai
place was not far down the road, so we didn’t get too wet.
Kyle really enjoyed his Thai. He found the Thai almost too
spicy and it burned his mouth so in his book it was very good. I couldn’t really
taste anything because of the cold but it looked good. After dinner we decided
it was time to head back to the hostel to veg, blog and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment